Skip to main content

Matthew 6:21 Commentary

Matthew 6:21: And What It Means to All People by Anthony Joseph Hopkins September 27, 2024

      Good Day Everyone!!  How are all of you doing today?  Fine, I hope.  I would like to discuss a very familiar Bible verse from Matthew 6:21. It says; For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

I selected this Bible verse to talk about because our hearts and feelings store a lot of information and emotions from both the past and the present day.  I am saying this because my heart has stored a lot of information and emotions from the past. 

Next, this is called emotional baggage.  This operates by storing our emotions to the point that we end up exploding because of our situation that we are involved in at the present time.

 What is the definition of the word treasure?  Treasure is something that is concrete or real.  I am talking about things that we really value the most.  I want to say for example, watches, diamond rings, and bracelets.  I am also talking about money is something that we tend to treasure enough of it that we can purchase something that we really want.  I am not saying that things that we keep a lot of; can become an idol.

Further, what is an idol, you may ask, is some thing that we tend to hold onto physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or psychologically.  It is when we are putting emphasis on this more than God.  It can also become financially as well.  There are times that our hearts can be filled with feeling about a woman, friend, or simple possessions that people give to us.

Moreover, I want to say that there is a difference between storing treasures and hoarding.  Hoarding is when we gather or collect things that appease us at one time or another.  I want to say that there is an emphasis on needs; rather than wants.  I say that because I used to collect books and read one book at a time.  I was reading my books at my own pace.

 

 

 

In Addition, our own feelings can be treasured as well.  Emotional attachments can become a very serious problem.  There are times when we do things out of our own emotions.  I used to be very angry at the people, who used to abuse me physically and emotionally as well as verbally. 

In Summary, Matthew 6:21 has a lot to do with the Sermon on the Mount that Jesus Christ was teaching the people about things from the Bible, and how we are supposed to conduct ourselves around people and with God.  For where your treasure is your heart will be also is a metaphor regarding changes in our behavior.

Finally, I want to inform all of you that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon.  Frankly, we do not know when He is coming back to earth.  There is a lot of anticipation of His arrival.

 I am anticipating his arrival by saying that I only wish I can live to see Him with my eyes.  I have a lot of faith in God.  To be honest, I wish I can see Him right now because I have a lot of physical problems that man cannot cure with medication.  The kind of problems that I have are as follows: Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Depression, and Schizoid Affective Disorder.  I am taking too much medication for depression.  I am taking 7 different medications for depression itself.

In Conclusion, I want to say that you really do not have to have a lot of possessions to have treasures, your negative attitude can affect you and others.  I want to say that if a person is angry all of the time, it has a lot to with the way that we display ourselves in the eyes of God.  In God’s Eyes, we are still sinners. 

 

Romans 3:23 says; For All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.  I know that this is an essay about Matthew 6:21, but our own emotions can get us into trouble with God.  It is the way that we carry ourselves that has an effect on our behavior in front of God.  I want to say that I love all of you very much.  I mean it!!  When it comes to treasures that the Bible is talking about are tangible items such as the things that we gain for ourselves.

There is an emphasis on what we collect for ourselves that can affect our relationship with God.  It can also be based on our universal feelings such as anger or hate.  If our heart is inside of the wrong place, it has a lot to do with our relationships with other people and God.  Please think before you act!!  Always Look Deep Before You Leap!!  God Bless All of You.  God Bless All of You!!

 

My name is Anthony Joseph Hopkins and I am from Dayton, Ohio.  I am a 59-year-old man, who have a lot of common sense.  I graduated from the University of Toledo with an Associates Degree in Social Services Technology on June 12, 1993.  I also earned my Bachelors of Arts Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies on June 17, 1995.  I have earned 235 college education credits.  My hobbies are as follows: Reading the Bible, Traveling, Attending Church using Computers, and spending time with my family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is with me right now

Good Morning and God Bless You 🙌 🙏  I want you to know that I still need your prayers 🙏  I know that My God is a God of Love and Peace.  I have given myself Life to Jesus Christ.   I know that I am still under a lot of pressure from someone who wants to replace me as a person.   This person is a Caucasian man, who  does not like African American People.  My neighbors are a well diverse group of people who used to live in the Southern United States.  My neighbors have access to my Social Media Account and my entire life is at great risk.  This is not a laughing matter because identity theft and fraud happens to all of us.  I know that My neighbors do not like me because my skin color is different from them.  This is a person who has been computer hacking me for only a short period of time.  I am asking all of you to please be careful when it comes to using any accounts.   God is with me right now.  Go...

1st Chronicles 16:34

1 st  Chronicles 16:34, and what it means to all People!!  By Anthony Joseph Hopkins July 26, 2021        1 st  Chronicles 16:34 says O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.  I give thanks unto the Lord on a daily basis.  What is the definition of the word mercy?  Mercy is  compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  So, to me, mercy is a “love that responds to human need in an unexpected or unmerited way.” At its core, mercy is forgiveness. The Bible speaks of God's love for sinners – that is, for all of us. But the Bible also relates mercy to other qualities beyond love and forgiveness. Mercy is also compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner. the disposition to be compassionate or forbeari...

EXPECTATIONS & HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS

Expectations & Human Relationships This is a report concerning the expectations when it pertains to human relationships. First, we must ask ourselves a question. What are expectations when it pertains to human relationships? Human Relationships consists of communication both direct and indirect. This means nonverbal and verbal communication as well as association. When we are in close contact with each other, we are learning what the other person is like. We are learning their habits, personality, as well as the way they conduct themselves around others. It does not matter whether these people are in our family or on the street. The best ways to communicate with anyone is by introducing yourself to another person and see what kind of response you will receive. Second, another way of communicating to others is by letter or online. Although this is classified as maintaining a false relationship or a pen-pal, but sometimes this leads into a relationship that is direct eventually, if t...