Skip to main content

What is The Definition of Spiritual Discernment?


What is The Definition of Spiritual Discernment?
By: Anthony Joseph Hopkins January 28, 2020

The fundamental definition for Christian discernment is a decision making process in which an individual makes a discovery that can lead to future action. In the process of Christian spiritual discernment God guides the individual to help them arrive at the best decision. 

Next, I want to inform all of you that the definition of Spiritual Discernment is separating what is worldly from spiritual.  It is distinguishing the spirit of truth from the spirit of error.  This means that if someone is saying something that does not make sense, please look at the Holy Bible for the answers to all of your questions.  We are supposed to decide what the truth is.  One of the things that I actually do is consult with my personal Savior Jesus Christ about what I have heard to see if it lines up in the Bible. 
        Further, I want to inform everyone that the Lord Jesus Christ will guide you and lead you in the right path.  It is that when it comes to Spiritual Discernment, we have to understand that there are false prophets out there, and we have to expose them.  I pray to the Lord Jesus Christ for all things.  I also realize that it is not me who is doing the work.  It is the Holy Spirit that is inside of me that is doing all of the work.  I used to hear voices that were not the Holy Spirit for 10 years.  I know that God’s word tells me the truth.  God’s word also talks to me.
        Moreover, I want to inform all of you that having Spiritual Discernment is very important.  This means that you really understand what is true from what is actually false.  I am a type of person, who pay close attention to what the Pastor is saying on the pulpit.  I have received total acceptance from God.  Spiritual Discernment comes from the Lord Himself.  I know that this is something that is not acquired overnight.  It takes a lot of prayer, reading the Bible, and becoming a doer of the word of God.

        In Addition, possessing the gifts of the Holy Spirit is very important.  It enables all of us to distinguish the full truth that comes from God.  I know that I have been baptized almost 5 years ago.  As soon as I got baptized, I have felt a complete change inside and outside of me.  Spiritual Discernment gives me an opportunity to fully understand God’s message.  I know that I am still a Work in Progress according to God.

 I know that I am going to make mistakes in my life.  I truly want to say that I no longer destroy my own Temple by drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana every single day.  I know for me personally, I have been clean and sober for 30 years from marijuana as of January 21, 1990.  I have been clean and sober from alcohol since Wednesday May 2, 1990.  Spiritual Discernment had to really grow on me.  This is simply because I used to let people take full advantage of me.  I used to be a Yes Man.  I used to concur everything that someone says out of their mouth; without fully thinking all about the consequences in my personal life.
        Also, I want to say that I have learned a whole lot about real life, and real life situations.  I used to be a person that did not understand what Spiritual Discernment until the very last minute.  This is simply because at one point, I dwelt inside of the world.  I obviously did what others did inside of the world.  Spiritual Discernment gives you a sense of maturity.  It will really make you aware of all things.  What is the definition of awareness?  Awareness is knowledge or perception of a situation or fact. "We need to raise public awareness of the issue" concern about and well-informed interest in a particular situation or development.  "A growing environmental awareness".

 Awareness is the state of knowing something, such as the awareness that the sun comes up every morning. The adjective aware gets turned into a noun when the suffix -ness is added, so awareness is the state of being aware, or having knowledge of something.  Definition of discerning. : showing insight and understanding: discriminating a discerning critic.  There are three different types of awareness. There is prompted awareness: when asked, people tell you they know the organization when picking them off a list. There is unprompted awareness: when asked, people come up with the organization on their own without having to look at a list to say “Oh yeah, I know. “
       
Finally, I want to say that having discernment is very important to everyone.  This is simply because our job is to know the truth.  We have a job of spreading the Gospel, casting out evil spirits, and to make disciples of everyone.  I have invited people to Church all of the time.  Sometimes, people come, and there are times when they did not come to Church.  I have been very understanding to everyone.  I share the Gospel with everyone.  I share the Gospel online and in my personal life.  What is Spiritual Discernment?  Spiritual Discernment is a learned behavior.  God will have to give this to you.  I know that it has taken me years to have Spiritual Discernment.  Being able to distinguish the truth from error takes a lot of practice.
        In Conclusion, I want to inform all of you that this is not a very easy gift to acquire.  God has to bless you with this gift.  I know that I have always been aware of things that people do; whether it is right or wrong.  This is something that takes a lot of experience.  I will admit that I used to be a follower for 18 years of my personal life.  From 1972 to 1990, I did exactly what everyone else was doing.  I concurred very easily because I used to be easily influenced by people, places, and things.  Currently, I am a person that has changed my behavior for the better.  My relationships took a lot of time.  Relationships takes time.  Spiritual Discernment is a gift that someone has to be blessed with it.
        Postscript: I want to inform everyone that God has given me wisdom and grace.  I have acknowledged that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior.  I really love people.  I know that it has not been very easy learning about Discernment that comes from God.  We have God’s Spirit inside of us.  I want to inform all of you that Spiritual Discernment is a very careful walk with the Lord.  We have to take an inventory about everything that we have done in my life.  We have to take an inventory when it comes to being around other people.  We have to make the most of our time because the days are evil.  We have to be very careful how we spend our personal time.  God loves you and so do I.  
  
Please take good care of yourselves.  Please keep me in your prayers.  I really love all of you very much.  Please take good care of yourselves.  I really mean it.  God and Spiritual Discernment is what I have in my life right now.  Whenever, you have Discernment, it means that you cannot believe everything that people tell you.  We all have to ask God for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is with me right now

Good Morning and God Bless You ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ™  I want you to know that I still need your prayers ๐Ÿ™  I know that My God is a God of Love and Peace.  I have given myself Life to Jesus Christ.   I know that I am still under a lot of pressure from someone who wants to replace me as a person.   This person is a Caucasian man, who  does not like African American People.  My neighbors are a well diverse group of people who used to live in the Southern United States.  My neighbors have access to my Social Media Account and my entire life is at great risk.  This is not a laughing matter because identity theft and fraud happens to all of us.  I know that My neighbors do not like me because my skin color is different from them.  This is a person who has been computer hacking me for only a short period of time.  I am asking all of you to please be careful when it comes to using any accounts.   God is with me right now.  Go...

IS IT TRUE THAT GOD KNOWS EXACTLY HOW LONG WE ARE GOING TO LIVE?

Is it true that God knows exactly where we are at all times?  By Anthony Joseph Hopkins 11/19/2021        I have a very important question to ask everyone.  Is it true that God knows exactly where we are at all times?  The answer to this question is yes.  God knows exactly where we are at all times.  Where exactly shall I go from His Spirit?  The answer is no where because He is inside of us.  His Spirit bears with our spirit.  Where shall I go from His presence?  The answer is nowhere.  He is with us at all times.  If I ascend into heaven He is there.  If I make my bed into hell, He is there with us.        If you want me to be perfectly honest with all of you, we cannot hide from God.  He is watching all of us.  I want to inform all of you that I am asking this question because I would like for anyone to answer this question.  I know that everything th...

My New Attitude in Jesus Christ

Good Morning and God Bless You ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ™ ✨️ ๐Ÿ˜Š  I am a person who has a very positive attitude.   What is the definition of an attitude?  An attitude is a state of mind or a particular feeling.   I will admit that I had a negative attitude for the past 7 months.   I want to inform everyone that I want to have Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior, My God & My Best Friend.   I am a person who accepts God as my everything to me. Next, I want to inform everyone that I am very sorry for maintaining a negative attitude.   I had allowed other people & principalities to rent space inside of my head &.heart.  I am very sorry for mentioning about computer hackers and scammers for the past 16 years now.  If The Lord’s Will, I will continue to stay out of trouble.   I am going to stay occupied by attending church and library studies.    Also, I really want to start attending church on a regular basis aga...