Skip to main content

Comfort for Persons Who Suffer from a Mental Illness


   Comfort for persons who have a mental illness!








                                By







                Anthony Joseph Hopkins




        This is an essay that pertains to comfort for persons who suffer from a mental illness.  I would like to say that I am a person, who suffers from a mental illness.  However, I am using spirituality as a means of coping with my mental illness.  First, I want to say that I suffer from schizoid affective disorder.  I have been suffering from a mental illness for almost 22 years now.
        Next, I hear voices that are not the Holy Spirit on a daily basis.  I have been hearing voices since November 5, 2009.  It is not very easy coping with a mental illness.  I do understand that spirituality is a universal truth, yet a highly individual journey.  When we begin an inward journey of self-discovery, we are led back into the community and care for others.
        Further, according to Hebrews 13:5 says: God has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.  I really do believe it when God said, I will never leave you or forsake you.  His son Jesus Christ is my personal Savior.  I am very happy to have all of my sins forgiven.  I was diagnosed with a mental illness on July 15, 1997.

 I was living in Charlotte, NC at the time.  My mother and siblings does not have a mental illness.  I am the only one out of the whole family that suffers from a mental illness.  As a person with a mental illness, I am able to use my faith and spirituality as a source of healing and support.  At least; for me personally, I have discovered that my spirituality has given me a renewed sense of vision, hope, and possibilities for the future.
Moreover, I am a member of Fort McKinley United Methodist Church in Dayton, Ohio.  I have been a member of Fort McKinley United Methodist Church for the past 7 years.  I am very happy to learn brand new coping strategies when it comes to my mental illness.  For Example, I listen to church sermons online, meditate every single day, pray, and read the Bible.  I would like to say that I am not perfect, but I strive for spiritual progress.
Also, I have come a very long way in my personal life.  I feel a whole lot better from the inside out.  I have to learn that I am powerless over people, places, and things.  I have been clean and sober for 29 years now.  I feel good about my progress that I have made in my personal life.

In Addition, I want to say that my favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 32:27.  It states as follows: Behold I am the Lord the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me? 


        I really like this Bible verse because it gives me a sense of confidence in myself.  Therefore, if it is not hard for God, then why am I making things hard for myself?  I will admit that my student loan debt is getting higher by the day.  The interest on my student loan is compounded daily.  It is a shame that my student loan is getting the best of me at the moment.
        Finally, I would like to say that God is doing for me more than I am doing for myself.  I really need all of your prayers right now.  My medications is causing me to gain too much weight right now.  For Instance, I weigh 310 pounds right now.  I am taking a total of 8 psychotropic medications per day for my mental illness.  I am also taking another 15 prescription medications per day for other health problems that I am suffering from right now.  Please continue to pray for me and my family members.  I love all of you very much.  God loves you and so do I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is with me right now

Good Morning and God Bless You 🙌 🙏  I want you to know that I still need your prayers 🙏  I know that My God is a God of Love and Peace.  I have given myself Life to Jesus Christ.   I know that I am still under a lot of pressure from someone who wants to replace me as a person.   This person is a Caucasian man, who  does not like African American People.  My neighbors are a well diverse group of people who used to live in the Southern United States.  My neighbors have access to my Social Media Account and my entire life is at great risk.  This is not a laughing matter because identity theft and fraud happens to all of us.  I know that My neighbors do not like me because my skin color is different from them.  This is a person who has been computer hacking me for only a short period of time.  I am asking all of you to please be careful when it comes to using any accounts.   God is with me right now.  Go...

1st Chronicles 16:34

1 st  Chronicles 16:34, and what it means to all People!!  By Anthony Joseph Hopkins July 26, 2021        1 st  Chronicles 16:34 says O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.  I give thanks unto the Lord on a daily basis.  What is the definition of the word mercy?  Mercy is  compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  So, to me, mercy is a “love that responds to human need in an unexpected or unmerited way.” At its core, mercy is forgiveness. The Bible speaks of God's love for sinners – that is, for all of us. But the Bible also relates mercy to other qualities beyond love and forgiveness. Mercy is also compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner. the disposition to be compassionate or forbeari...

EXPECTATIONS & HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS

Expectations & Human Relationships This is a report concerning the expectations when it pertains to human relationships. First, we must ask ourselves a question. What are expectations when it pertains to human relationships? Human Relationships consists of communication both direct and indirect. This means nonverbal and verbal communication as well as association. When we are in close contact with each other, we are learning what the other person is like. We are learning their habits, personality, as well as the way they conduct themselves around others. It does not matter whether these people are in our family or on the street. The best ways to communicate with anyone is by introducing yourself to another person and see what kind of response you will receive. Second, another way of communicating to others is by letter or online. Although this is classified as maintaining a false relationship or a pen-pal, but sometimes this leads into a relationship that is direct eventually, if t...