Skip to main content

What does it mean to examine our ways and heart?



What does it mean to examine our ways and heart?

                                                By
                          Anthony Joseph Hopkins
          This is an essay that will ask a very important question.  What does it mean to examine our ways and heart?  This is a plan for repentance and renewal.  Turn Back!! Repentance in the Old Testament prophets is often expressed by the verb To Turn!!  Lift our hearts and hands: Lifting hands was a common posture in prayer.
          According to Lamentations 5:21: The one word turn can summarize God’s message to His rebellious people.  In one of Jeremiah’s earlier messages, he had exhorted the people to turn to God no less than seven times.  Return means to “Return” to God in faith.
          When it comes to repentance, I have to completely stop what I had done wrong, and give it to the Lord God.  The definition of the word repent means to turn back.  As it pertains to the topic of discussion, this gives us an opportunity to examine carefully who we are in the eyes of God.  It also enables us to write down on paper all of our positive and negative things about ourselves.  We have to speak with the Lord privately first and foremost.  Before we seek wise counsel with others, we first must confess our sins to the Lord.
          Next, in this case, this means that everything that we did wrong in our personal life, we ask God to forgive us.  As far as our ways and heart is concerned, we must take a real long look at ourselves.  Do you really like what you see?  This is a question that we really need to ask ourselves right now.  For instance, in my case, I tend to ask myself this same question every single day.  I have a lot of health issues right now.  I am taking 22 prescription medications that I am currently taking is Remron, Prozac, Vistaril, Trilafon, and Phenobarbital.  I have been taking these medications for over 20 years now.
          Further, I currently take these medications for seizures and depression.  How do you feel about yourself right now? I feel pretty good about my outlook on life, and my overall behavior as completely changed since taking the medications.  In Step 10 in Alcoholics Anonymous states that we continue to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
A)  We review our day at its entirety.  Do we have to make amends with anyone else or God?  Sometimes the answer to this question is yes.  For me personally, I have to examine all of my character defects and disclose them with God or with my A.A. Sponsor.  Right now, I have to write an essay each day of the week just to cope with a mental illness.  I have to pray and read the Bible each day of the week.
B)  When we examine our ways, we look at every little thing that makes us tick.  For Example, we focus on having an intimate relationship with God.  Are you ready to have an intimate relationship with God?
C)  The definition of the word examine means to look at carefully.  I am the type of person who is very intelligent, nice, kind, polite, patient, considerate, warm, brave, clean, and meticulous.
Finally, we are ready to have an intimate relationship with God by confessing our sins to Him!
     As soon as I say that I am ready to do your will Lord.  First, I must confess all of my sins to the Lord God.  I might even write them down on a piece of paper and tell God exactly what is burdening me. Also, one thing that I can say is that I feel much better when it comes to releasing all of my negative energy to Him.  I also ask Him what he wants me to do right now and in the future.  I ask the Lord to please let me hear His voice.  God already know the things that you need long before you ask Him.  He will supply all of your needs.
Are you glad that we serve an understanding God? I am glad that I serve Him for myself.  Please continue to pray for me each day because I suffer from glaucoma and cataracts as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is with me right now

Good Morning and God Bless You 🙌 🙏  I want you to know that I still need your prayers 🙏  I know that My God is a God of Love and Peace.  I have given myself Life to Jesus Christ.   I know that I am still under a lot of pressure from someone who wants to replace me as a person.   This person is a Caucasian man, who  does not like African American People.  My neighbors are a well diverse group of people who used to live in the Southern United States.  My neighbors have access to my Social Media Account and my entire life is at great risk.  This is not a laughing matter because identity theft and fraud happens to all of us.  I know that My neighbors do not like me because my skin color is different from them.  This is a person who has been computer hacking me for only a short period of time.  I am asking all of you to please be careful when it comes to using any accounts.   God is with me right now.  Go...

1st Chronicles 16:34

1 st  Chronicles 16:34, and what it means to all People!!  By Anthony Joseph Hopkins July 26, 2021        1 st  Chronicles 16:34 says O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.  I give thanks unto the Lord on a daily basis.  What is the definition of the word mercy?  Mercy is  compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.  So, to me, mercy is a “love that responds to human need in an unexpected or unmerited way.” At its core, mercy is forgiveness. The Bible speaks of God's love for sinners – that is, for all of us. But the Bible also relates mercy to other qualities beyond love and forgiveness. Mercy is also compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner. the disposition to be compassionate or forbeari...

EXPECTATIONS & HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS

Expectations & Human Relationships This is a report concerning the expectations when it pertains to human relationships. First, we must ask ourselves a question. What are expectations when it pertains to human relationships? Human Relationships consists of communication both direct and indirect. This means nonverbal and verbal communication as well as association. When we are in close contact with each other, we are learning what the other person is like. We are learning their habits, personality, as well as the way they conduct themselves around others. It does not matter whether these people are in our family or on the street. The best ways to communicate with anyone is by introducing yourself to another person and see what kind of response you will receive. Second, another way of communicating to others is by letter or online. Although this is classified as maintaining a false relationship or a pen-pal, but sometimes this leads into a relationship that is direct eventually, if t...